Go hiking with Friends on Saturday April 21st 2018. Friends First invites you to join us for a charity cliff hike to raise vital funds for our charity partner, Aware. The 7km walking trail makes for a beautiful coastal adventure and all for a good cause.
- Gather at Howth Yacht Club from 10.30am on Saturday April 21st and pop your donation for Aware in the bucket. The registration fee is €15 and 100% of your donations will go to Aware.
- The guide will depart at 11.00am and it should take approximately 2 hours to complete.
- Refreshments will be provided afterwards in Howth Yacht Club.
- Please be sure to wear appropriate clothing and footwear for the hike. If it happens to be a wet day, be sure to bring a waterproof jacket and hiking boots.
- The walk is open to anyone who wishes to partake and help raise funds for Aware. Please note, for health and safety reasons, there is a limit to the number of people who can attend this event.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your name.
Aware is one of three charity partners supported by Friends First. Other partners include the Irish Cancer Society and Lessons for Life.
Aware provides a range of vital support and education services to people impacted by stress, depression, bipolar and mood disorders. As a mental health charity, Aware are aligned with our role as a health insurer and as an employer committed to supporting our staff in healthy living and awareness. A recent review of income protection claims showed that the main illnesses which cause claims are due to orthopaedic, cancer and mental health conditions. The importance of mental health awareness and services offered by Aware is highlighted clearly in these claims. For more information about Aware, visit aware.ie.
Get involved and get active by joining us for what promises to be a great day. Learn more about the Friends First CSR programme.