Friends First new Claims Statistics Guide provides some valuable insights into our claims experience. Some of the statistics might surprise you:
- We paid €34 million in income protection claims in 2015 alone to over 1400 people
- €88,370 was the average total payment per claimant – that’s a lot of financial security
- €1,840 was the average amount we paid out per month – enough to pay the mortgage and keep on top of the bills that matter
- 4 years was the average claim duration – that’s a long time to be without an income if you don’t have cover
- Almost 24% of male claimants needed to claim within 5 years of taking out the policy
- 27% of female claimants needed to claim within 3 years of taking out the policy.