Friends First Concept K offers a solution to getting the balance right between maximising returns for a given level of risk. The fund aims to produce long-term growth and produce a return for investors by investing across many different markets. An award winning team of dedicated multi-asset specialists, Deutsche Asset Management, ensure the fund is managed in a way that strategic and tactical ideas can be implemented quickly and efficiently.
Broadly speaking, alternatives are investments in assets other than stocks, bonds and cash or investments using strategies that go beyond traditional ways of investing, such as long/short or arbitrage strategies. Because alternatives tend to behave differently than stocks and bonds, adding them to your portfolio can offer scope for broader diversification and the potential to hedge against market volatility, reduce risk and enhance returns.
Key points to note
- Concept K is a fund that follows a Global Macro Strategy, meaning the strategy is based on the interpretation and prediction of large-scale events related to economies, such as political events, commodity shortages, etc.
- The fund follows a Multi Asset approach, meaning it is free to invest across a number of asset classes.
- It is also unconstrained, meaning that it does not adhere to a specific benchmark and is focused on providing a return.
When compared against competing funds with alternative investment strategies Concept K comes out on top.
Who might consider investing in this fund?
You may consider investing in Concept K if you are seeking a fund which:
- aims to product long term growth but with less of the volatility usually associated with stock market investing.
- controls risk, categories with a risk rating of 4 out of 7 on the ESMA risk scale.
- is actively managed by a renowned investment team with a strong track record.
- may provide diversification to the other assets held in your investment portfolio.
This fund is unsuitable for:
- investors seeking a guaranteed return
- investors seeking to invest for the short-term
The Concept K fund is available as a standalone fund option as well as featuring within a number of our readymade Portfolio Funds. Concept K is available across the Friends First suite of Pensions, Approved Retirement Funds (ARFs), Approved Minimum Retirement Funds (AMRFs) and Savings and Investment products.
For more information on the Friends First range of funds please contact your Financial Broker or visit our fund centre.
Source: Financial Express, 14/03/2017