Friends First is seeking applications for the position of Actuarial Assistant. This role provides an opportunity for a post graduate individual with excellent numerical and analytical skills to join the Pensions Actuarial Team.
Pensions Actuarial Department
Friends First, Cherrywood Business Park, Loughlinstown, Dublin 18
This position is within the Pensions Actuarial Department. The main purpose of the position is to assist in the actuarial calculations and reporting required for Friends First’s portfolio of Defined Benefit pension schemes.
- Preparation of actuarial valuation reports for defined benefit pension schemes.
- Preparation defined benefit statutory submissions, including actuarial funding certificates, annual actuarial data returns, etc.
- Preparation of accounting figures required by pension scheme sponsors for inclusion in their annual accounts.
- Carrying out any non-standard calculations as required by Trustees (e.g. to wind up pension schemes or amend scheme benefits).
- Calculation of Transfer Values and other pension scheme member quotes.
- Provision of support to our Pensions Administration team, as required.
- Monitoring our CPA pricing and helping to ensure appropriate pricing.
- Minimum 2.1 Actuarial Science degree
- Part qualified and currently undertaking remaining Actuarial exams
- Ideally 12 – 36 months experience in a similar role
- Analytical skills and Problem Solving ability
- Good systems and MS Office skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent team player
How to Apply
How to apply:
A job description is available on request. If you are interested in being considered for this position, please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com before 5.00pm on 16th December 2016.
Closing date for application is 16th December 2016